Monday, January 21, 2013

My workout accountability post. Turbo Fire and more!

I haven't done an accountability post in some time. In a week in a half, I will be complete with the second month of Turbo Fire and will be moving in to month 3!!! It's so exciting to accomplish another month of a workout program.

As many of you know, I have done Insanity twice, and now have moved on to Turbo Fire. I love BOTH of these programs for sure! They both haven given me amazing results thus far and I would be lying if I said I wasn't satisfied. Just a quick rant, I have had a few people tell me that they couldn't join my Insanity Challenge Group, or anyone of them for that matter, because they were training for a marathon....

Can I ask a simple question.....what exactly is it that you are training for when it comes to running? Is it motivation? Endurance? Clean eating? What is it EXTRA that you have to do for running, that doesn't allow you to achieve the same results when incorporating other fitness programs? Because I don't understand it. Back when I ran cross country, all we did was run. Hate to break it to you, but running isn't the ONLY thing that builds indurance. Try interval training! I bet you will change your mind! You know what my time was for a 5K?? 38 WHOLE minutes. Ridiculous and embarrassing!!!

I wasn't trained to eat healthy, I wasn't trained to find that WHY that drives me to the finish line. I wasn't trained to believe in myself. There was so much more that could have been done to help me out. Guess what has helped me with all of that over the last half of a year? Being a Beachbody coach, Insanity, Turbo Fire, and Shakeology. I FOUND who I am. I know my WHY, why I am doing this, I HAVE motivation, and a great team to back me up. Most importantly, my endurance is off the chain!!! I'll have you know that yesterday I had my fastest mile come in at 5 minutes. Yea, me....a girl....a MOTHER now, ran a mile in 5 minutes. 4 miles??? 34 minutes. I was 2 miles away from a 10K. That I haven't even "trained" for. But because I take care of myself nutritionally and I workout with beachbody programs, AND because I believe in myself, I was able to accomplish that.

That's a big goal for me. And now I don't doubt that I can do better and better. I haven't ran that distance EVER. Needless to say my calves are swollen today, but I don't even care. Because I proved something to myself, that I can do anything I want. I told my fiance that I ran a 5 minute mile and he couldn't believe it. Sheesh, neither could I! But I did!! I had it recorded on my runner app.

Any ways, I know this whole post may have seemed off topic, but it wasn't. This post was about my accountability. I have manage to get over the holiday hump, had some ups and downs, but I am still here, still fighting for my goals. All it takes is persistence and consistentcy. Anyone is capable of that if you just try. I will finish up Turbo Fire (loving my results!!) and then move on to another Beachbody program. I believe in everything Beachbody has to offer. Their products WORK. My physical and mental results prove it. And I'm not the only one! ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment