Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup!

I made this LOVELY meal just the other day, and not only is it healthy (maybe a little high on the sodium though), it also makes tons, and it tastes delicious!!! I got this recipe off of Pinterest about a week ago and I just HAD to try it!!!!

INGREDIENTS:

-2 Chicken Breasts (I used frozen chicken breast and it turned out just as good!)
-2 cans of Ro-Tel (any flavor of your choice)
-1 can of kidney beans
-1 can of black beans
-1 can of corn
-2 cans of chicken broth
-1 onion (I used a yellow onion)
-1 package of taco seasoning

FOR GARNISH

-Fresh cilantro
-Sour Cream (I used the low fat kind to cut calories)
-Mexican style shredded cheese (2% should do!)
-Some tortilla chips for dipping (skip this if you are trying to keep this low calorie)
DIRECTIONS:

Now, it DOES NOT get any easier than these directions. Which, is why I think I am going to make this more often! All you do is chop up the onion, throw it in the crock pot. Then drain and rinse the beans and throw them in the crock pot. Afterwards, toss your chicken broth, Ro-Tel, corn, and package of seasoning in the crock pot as well. Make sure you mix them well together. Then lay your chicken breast on top, making sure that they are at least half way submerged into the liquid. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high 6-7 hours and BAM! Done. I think I cooked mine for 8 hours on high and it turned out AMAZING!!! Once you prepare a bowl, layer some cheese, sour cream, and fresh cilantro on top and you have a delicious meal. Also you can use some tortilla chips for scooping it up and eating it that way. Adds a nice "fiesta" crunch!

0 comments:

Post a Comment