Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Personal Development

I just wanted to take the time to discuss personal development, what it is, how it can help you and things like that. I am only 20 years old. Actually, I will be turning 21 in a couple of weeks. But over the past couple of years I have had quite a bit of change in my life. Met my Fiance at 17, lived on our own at 18, got pregnant and moved out of state away from family, lived a year in Jax, Fl, then moved to Tennessee for what has been a year now. My Fiance works 60+ hours a week while I am a stay at home mom to my soon-to-be 2 year old. I have no car when he isn't home. I am in the middle of nowhere and surrounded by people who judge you for everything you're not. What I'm trying to get at is, I am in a VERY stressful part of my life right now. I have been made a mother early on in life and now have no family around. I started having anxiety problems back when I lived in Jacksonville around the time I gave birth to my son. Though it was not near as bad as it was since I have been here in Tennessee. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I live around no one, unlike the city. I can't even begin to tell you what it's like to suffer from anxiety and panic disorder. All I know is there wasn't really a day I didn't feel alone or scared.

I think my life started changing once I signed up as a Beachbody Coach. I ordered Insanity and Shakeology and was ready to go. I didn't think mentally I would change much, but boy I was wrong. When you are signed as a Coach, you have to do the 3 vital behaviors of a coach in order to be successful:
 1. Be a product of the product
 2. Invite 3-5 people daily to join your challenge
 3. Read personal development

Now, the first two I understood. Okay, show people the products work. That makes sense. You know, invite people to join your challenge groups, yeah, makes more sense. But the personal development? I didn't understand at first. I thought that was just another way of saying I wasn't good enough. But I listened. I started reading self-help books and all I can say is, WOW. You never truly understand what you're capable of doing until you start being fed the stuff your brain needs to hear.

Let me explain to those of you who have no idea what personal development is. Personal development, or "self-help" is a process of individual improvement. It teaches you to focus on self awareness, strengthening identity, improving your knowledge, recognizing and leveraging talent, refining talents, capitalizing on one's marketability, enhancing quality of life, achieving aspirations, creating and taking action on self-improvement plans, and creating stronger relationships. It is help in a book and/or CD. How amazing right!?!

It is important to pick up a personal development book and read at least 10 pages a day. That's it. Anyone can read 10 pages before they get out of bed or right before they go to sleep. I am telling you right now, it will change your life. Think about how many people you know that are on medication because they are depressed, or suicidal, or have anxiety problems. I can't even begin to tell you all the different types of medical problems that can be solved by just reading these types of books. It may sound crazy to you at the moment. But don't you think it's crazy to take medicine for problems like that? I mean, think about it, all the medicine does it "numb" the problem. You think that people on Zoloft will not be depressed anymore if they suddenly stop taking it? NO. They go through withdrawals and are half the time worse off. Doctors created stuff like that so you can continually buy it from them. Think outside the box. Don't fall in to that trap. If the problem is YOU, and the way you THINK, don't you think you can change that? I believe you can. I did, I AM changing the way I think on a daily basis. We get so lost in this world nowadays. We listen to what the media tells us to listen to, what the media tells us to buy, how the media tells us to live our lives. Enough is enough. You can take control of your life by changing the way you think and how you view yourself and others. I bought 3 personal development books on Amazon and my total came out to 12 dollars. That's it. How much does it cost for medicine? Or a psychiatrist? Even if you DON'T have personal problems like what I listed above, you still have room for improvement. You still can get back in control of your life because I guarantee you aren't now.

Personal Development has changed my life. And to think that I have only been reading these books since July. It's September right now. A couple of months ago I was having panic attacks. Today, I am in control of myself and constantly growing stronger. I look at the more positive things in life. I would be lying if I said that personal development was the only thing that changed my life. Insanity and Shakeology played a big role as well. Which, I have posted about all of these things. Below I am going to suggest some books to you that I have read or am reading that helped me get out of the hot mess I was in. I hope you will look in to them.




First Steps to Wealth - Dani Johnson
Think and Grow Rich- Napoleon Hill
Eat that Frog- Brian Tracy
Personality Plus- Florence Littauer
People Follow You- Jeb Blount
More Wealth Without Risk- Charles J. Givens

There are MANY many more books out there. I could write a novel on just the names of them. Have a gander yourself. Youtube, google, I don't know, Facebook some. You will be surprised. Sorry about the pics being all over the place! Thanks for reading my post! Like, Subscribe, Comment <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment